I love playing at online casinos because of the games available and, more importantly, the bonuses. There are different kinds of bonuses available; the one I particularly like is the match bonus. Match bonuses are among the most popular bonuses offered by online casinos. The term makes the bonus self-explanatory: the casino matches your wager with bonus money of its own. Almost every casino offers a match bonus as a welcome bonus, and there are many that offer match bonuses to existing players as well, in the form of reload bonuses, weekly/weekend bonuses, and more.
Some casinos match the amount you have wagered equally, while others may offer a lower or higher amount than what you wager. The match bonus is, therefore, expressed as a percentage. For instance, a casino may offer a match bonus of 100% up to AUD200 as a welcome bonus. What this means is that if you wager AUD100, the casino matches it with AUD150 of its own so you have AUD300 to play with. The ceiling for the match in this example is AUD200; the casino will match a maximum of AUD200 only.
Our Featured Match Bonuses
I have compiled here for you the top match bonuses at UK online casinos. This database is constantly updated, which means you get to know of the latest top match bonuses and are not stuck with redundant information.
|Slots Heaven Casino||£100||N/A||CLAIM|
|Casino.com||£400 + 180 Free Spins||N/A||CLAIM|
|Mansion Casino exclusive||£5000||N/A||CLAIM|
|32 Red Casino||£160||N/A||CLAIM|
|Mr Green Casino||£100||N/A||CLAIM|
|Roxy Palace Casino||£350||N/A||CLAIM|
|Superlenny Casino||£150 + 50 Free Spins||N/A||CLAIM|
|EuroGrand Casino||£1000 + 25 Free Spins||N/A||CLAIM|
|EuroGrand Casino||£600 + 25 Free Spins||N/A||CLAIM|
|Video Slots||£210 + 11 Free Spins||N/A||CLAIM|
|Mansion Casino exclusive||$200||N/A||CLAIM|
|Mansion Casino exclusive||€500||N/A||CLAIM|
|Mansion Casino exclusive||NOK5000||N/A||CLAIM|
|Mr Green Casino||€350 + 10 Free Spins||N/A||CLAIM|
|Superlenny Casino||$300 + 50 Free Spins||N/A||CLAIM|
|Superlenny Casino||£300 + 50 Free Spins||N/A||CLAIM|
|Casino.com||R4000 + 20 Free Spins||N/A||CLAIM|
|Superlenny Casino||NOK5000 + 300 Free Spins||N/A||CLAIM|
|Superlenny Casino||SEK4000 + 200 Free Spins||N/A||CLAIM|
|Superlenny Casino||C$450 + 150 Free Spins||N/A||CLAIM|
When to Use a Match Bonus
So when do you use a match bonus? As I see it, you use it whenever the casino offers it to you! Most casinos offer the match bonus as a welcome bonus, which means you get access to it as a new player. Some casinos also offer this to existing players as a reload bonus, special bonus, and more.
Match, or welcome bonuses as they are also known are great when:
- You visit the casino for the first time and want to play for real money.
- You are looking to boost your bankroll with whatever freebies the casino offers; a welcome bonus becomes very handy then.
- You have opened an account with the casino and have deposited funds for the first time into your casino account.
- The validity timeline for the welcome bonus is still there. You cannot use the welcome bonus once its timeline has expired.
- You are in a country where the welcome bonus is valid. Certain bonuses are not valid in some countries.
Since it is a match bonus, you cannot use this bonus without depositing funds into your account. That is not all; there is a minimum amount you have to deposit into your casino account to get access to the match bonus. You will find the details relevant to this is the terms and conditions attached to the bonus. To use a match bonus:
- Open an account with the casino.
- Deposit funds into your account.
- Ensure you have deposited at least the minimum amount required to access the bonus.
- Contact the casino’s customer support team to get going with the bonus if you are not notified by the casino on deposit of funds.
The match bonus is a great bonus option for you to use because it does a lot for you:
- It allows you to increase your bankroll thanks to the money the casino puts up.
- You are not obligated to the casino for giving you this bonus; you deposit money and are therefore entitled to the use of the bonus.
- You can play real money games with this bonus.
- You get to keep all winnings from this bonus, not a mere portion, unlike with the no deposit bonus.
- Of course, you have to ensure that you fulfill the terms associated with the bonus.
Match Bonuses – What You Must Know
As I mentioned earlier match bonuses are hugely popular and available at every online casino. Players get access to free money, while the casino enjoys the cushion of real money being deposited. Even then, casinos have terms and conditions attached to match bonuses to ensure fair usage. My advice is you go through the terms and conditions carefully to not only use the bonus effectively but also redeem winnings earned through it.
- Availability: You must be a new player who has registered an account AND deposited funds into it to avail the welcome bonus. In case the welcome bonus is a combination of a no deposit and a deposit bonus, you can use the no deposit bonus, deposit funds into your account, and then access the deposit bonus part of the bonus.
- Minimum deposit amount: All deposit welcome bonuses require you to make the minimum deposit into your casino account to get the bonus. If you don’t do this the welcome bonus is not available to you.
- Location: You have to be in a location where the welcome bonus is valid to be able to access it.
- Eligible games: This is a criterion that casinos follow, despite the fact of this being a bonus that is available consequent to deposition of funds. Certain games can be left out and are not covered by this bonus, including games like progressive jackpots in some casinos. Ensure you play only eligible games with this bonus wherever this condition is applicable, as you could otherwise forfeit your winnings.
- Wagering requirements: The wagering requirement is a key precondition to redeeming winnings earned through a match bonus. You have to wager your bet amount, your bonus amount, or the sum of both these amounts a certain number of times to fulfill the wagering requirements and redeem your winnings. Failure to do so can hamper your efforts to redeem money won with the match bonus. For instance, a casino may have a 50x wagering requirement on your bet amount, which means you need to wager your bet amount 50 times to be able to retrieve your winnings.
- Wagering calculations: When you use a match bonus, you should know that not all games contribute 100% towards the wagering requirements. For instance, games like blackjack and roulette may contribute only 25% towards fulfillment of wagering requirements, while games like slots may contribute 100%. Progressive jackpots may contribute nothing and could be exempt from the cover of this bonus.
- Maximum cashout: There is a maximum cashout limit for welcome bonuses that have a no deposit component built into them. Some casinos also have maximum cashout limits for deposit welcome bonuses. Ensure that you stay within this limit when it comes to cashing out your winnings.
- Cashout time: There are conditions attached to when a player can cashout winnings from a match bonus. These conditions are designed by the casino operator and include, among others:
- Zero bonus balance: There should be no bonus balance at the time of claiming the wins.
- Pending withdrawals: Players must not have any pending withdrawals when they opt to cash out winnings from a match bonus.
Failure to honor these conditions can result in the casino taking action against the player, including:
- Reporting the player for bonus abuse.
- Canceling out winnings from the bonus.
- Canceling further use of the bonus.
- Suspending or terminating the player’s account.
- Maximum cashout: While casinos usually have a maximum cashout policy for the amount of withdrawals on a daily or weekly basis, they usually do not place a cap on the maximum cashout for match bonus wins. This condition is applicable mostly to no deposit bonus wins.
- Kind of wagers allowed: Casinos usually have restrictions on the kind of wagers allowed for no deposit bonus and in some cases, for match bonuses. You can double up for slots, for instance. Of course, there may be restrictions on the games you can play.
Benefits of Using Match Bonuses
Match bonuses are extremely popular because they are fun to use, among both players and operators.
For the player:
- It is free money that the casino provides you, but only when you deposit money. That way you can use this money without feeling obligated to the casino.
- There is no cap on the amount you can withdraw when you win; all wins are yours to keep.
- It is a good way of shoring up your bankroll and scoring more wins.
- It is a great incentive to play smart and try to win more than you lose.
- It gives the thrill of playing with real money and winning.
For the casino:
- It is an automatic guarantee of a new player on board, which means a broader player base.
- It is a good way of ensuring existing players continue playing at the casino.
- It is a guarantee of more and higher revenue with each player that uses it.
- The terms and conditions ensure there is a cushion even when it comes to making payouts.